These 16 women are taking action and making positive change at work, home and in the community.
When women tell their stories, it can often be the inspiration for other women to take action. Women taking action and making positive change in the world is the storyline behind MAKERS—a platform dedicated to identifying and celebrating women of accomplishment across all fields of endeavor.
Morgan Stanley is proud to recognize the achievements of 16 women in its Wealth Management business, nominated by their colleagues, as part of the division’s partnership with MAKERS.
This is the third consecutive year that Wealth Management requested nominations for MAKERS. Hundreds of nominations poured in from employees who told compelling stories of 156 inspiring women colleagues. Winners were nominated in one or more of three award categories as a groundbreaker, an innovator or an advocate for women at the Firm.
MAKERS is an initiative started by PBS and AOL with the goal of becoming the largest collection of women’s stories ever assembled.
MAKERS initially launched as an educational initiative, but moved quickly into the corporate sector as employers reached out asking how they could get involved. In fact, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management was one of the founding partners of the MAKERS corporate initiative… and until this year, Morgan Stanley was the only financial institution to participate.
O'Connor added, “We are committed to being the firm of choice for women employees and investors. Please join Andy and me in congratulating these game-changing women and thanking them for their contributions.”
Learn more about Morgan Stanley’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
The MAKERS “Class of 2016” are:
- Rosalie Berman, Managing Director, COO, Institutional and Strategic Solutions
- Gwen Cohen, First Vice President, Financial Advisor, Chicago
- Anne Cooney, Managing Director, General Counsel of Wealth Management
- Barbara Finley, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor, Madison, Wis.
- Cathy Galgano, Executive Director, Complex Manager, Northern Connecticut
- Crystal Ho, Senior Vice President, Private Wealth Advisor, New York City
- Yedda Marks, Executive Director, Branch Manager, Bloomington, Minn.
- Sarah McDaniel, Managing Director, Head of the Wealth Strategies Group
- Karen McDonald, Managing Director, Financial Advisor, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Martha McNeil, First Vice President, Branch Manager, Charleston, S.C.
- Deborah Montaperto, Senior Vice President, Private Wealth Advisor, New York City
- Laura Norman, Vice President, Group Director, Private Wealth Management, New York City
- Diane Pacuk, Senior Vice President, Associate Complex Manager, Boston
- Kathy Roeser, Managing Director, Financial Advisor, Chicago
- Jane Rojas, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor, Tucson, Ariz.
- Lisa Shalett, Managing Director, Head of Investment and Portfolio Strategies