Morgan Stanley Wealth Management has recognized the achievements of 18 outstanding professionals as part of its partnership with MAKERS – a project dedicated to identifying and celebrating women of accomplishment across multiple fields along with the men who sponsor and champion women’s achievement.
“We congratulate our MAKERS Class of 2021 whose contributions are making a profound impact on the lives of our clients, employees and in our communities,” said Andy Saperstein, Head of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. “Our long partnership with MAKERS has provided a powerful platform to share their stories of breaking new ground as well as recognizing the men who advocate for them.”
“We are so proud of our MAKERS whose leadership and advocacy will have a lasting impact on the generations of women who follow them,” said Shelley O’Connor, Chairman and CEO of Morgan Stanley U.S. Banks. “Their stories inspire their colleagues and advance our mission to be the firm of choice for women employees and women clients everywhere.”
Nominations were solicited from across Morgan Stanley’s Wealth Management with a panel of senior managers selecting the 18 individuals to be recognized. They are:
- Sara Asatiani, First Vice President, Financial Advisor
- Krystal Barker Buissereth, Managing Director, Head of Financial Wellness
- Stefanie Gorres Blaney, Senior Vice President, Branch Manager
- Fely Cieza, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Regional Sales Manager
- Aimee Cogan, Managing Director, Financial Advisor
- Jessica Desjardins, Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, Investment Platforms
- Wendi Eckardt, Managing Director, Pacific Coast PWM Regional Manager
- Doreen Eldred, Executive Director, Head of the Service Review Unit
- Marybeth Emson, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
- Kathleen Grasmeder, Managing Director, Financial Advisor
- LaShell Lentz, First Vice President, Financial Advisor
- Michele Mattison, Managing Director, Director of Program Management and Risk, Corporate and Institutional Solutions
- Dianna Smith, Executive Director, Financial Advisor
- Joan Steinberg, Managing Director, Global Head of Philanthropy and President of the Morgan Stanley Foundation
- Michelle Stewart, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Region Manager, Morgan Stanley Private Bank, N.A.
- John Terry, Executive Director, Complex Manager
- Sue van der Linden, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor
- Karen Veary, Managing Director, Head of U.S. Banks Business Risk, Regulatory Relations and Product Oversight
Launched in 2012, MAKERS is a storytelling platform for the trailblazing women of today and tomorrow. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is a founding partner of MAKERS, which encourages corporations to celebrate, acknowledge and connect their leading female employees to the larger MAKERS network. For more information, go to www.makers.com.
The 2021 MAKERS will be profiled on the Morgan Stanley Forum for Women, Multicultural and LGBT+ Financial Advisors throughout the year. To visit the website, go to http://www.morganstanley.com/people/financial-advisors/diversity.
At Morgan Stanley we foster a culture where female clients can grow their wealth as they plan for the future, female employees feel empowered and can thrive in their careers, and where we lead in our communities. For more information on how women are core to the success of our Modern Wealth strategy in Wealth Management visit Women Without Limits at https://www.morganstanley.com/what-we-do/wealth-management/women-without-limits.
About Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, a global leader, provides access to a wide range of products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, cash management and lending products and services, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust services.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
© 2021 Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.