Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management is an established global leader in wealth management solutions, founded by Morgan Stanley in 1977 to provide wealthy individual investors with the level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments historically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments. Today, this exclusive division is comprised of over 350 Private Wealth Advisors that are dedicated to serving ultra-high-net-worth clients, their families and foundations. As a result of the integrated leadership between PWM and the other divisions of the firm, Private Wealth Advisors are uniquely positioned to both cultivate new relationships and deliver Morgan Stanley's expansive resources to existing clients.
Our Private Wealth Advisor Associate Program prepares you to become a Private Wealth Advisor through an extensive curriculum which provides you with the tools and strategies needed to build a client base of ultra-high-net-worth individuals. In addition, you will have access to state-of-the art financial tools and technologies as well as sales and management mentoring. You will work closely with product and trading specialists from across the firm to gain a thorough understanding of the uses and applications of the full range of Morgan Stanley's financial products. Once you become a Private Wealth Advisor, you will use your product knowledge and networking/management talents to provide clients with comprehensive and highly individualized financial services and investment strategies.
This rigorous program consists of sessions designed to help you:
- Build knowledge of the firm's platform, products, and solutions
- Develop sales and client relationship skills
- Prepare for and obtain securities industry certification (Series 7 and 66 exams)
- Interact with Private Wealth Advisors, peer mentors, product support teams, operation teams and representatives from specific desks throughout the bank
- Network within PWM and across the firm
- Receive specialized coaching in interpersonal skills and aspects of the financial industry through external vendors
- Complete team and individual project work, including managing a portfolio, developing a business plan, pitching to mock clients and generating viable prospects
Specific roles and responsibilities vary, but typically include:
- Asset Allocation and Investment Strategy – formulating strategies to meet the client's goals and objectives and identifying appropriate asset classes and specific investments in the investor's portfolio
- Portfolio Construction: Determining implementation vehicles such as separate accounts, mutual funds, ETFs, partnerships, closed-end funds and structured products
- Determining the factors surrounding and defining the client's wealth, including personal/family objectives, family structure, investment knowledge, sources of wealth, structure of financial holdings and liquidity needs
- Integrated Wealth Analysis and Structuring: Estate tax planning, income tax planning, trust and insurance solutions and stock option taxation and analytics.
The most successful Private Wealth Advisors at Morgan Stanley are high achievers, astute listeners and skilled problem solvers who offer specialized advice to help clients meet their wealth management needs. Once you have finished the training program, you will take the skills necessary to begin building your own private client base and providing that base with the highest caliber service in the field.