(1) Employees who recommend donations for their employer’s contributions would not be eligible to receive a tax deduction for such donations. Note that contributions are eligible for a tax deduction only in circumstances where the taxpayer itemizes deductions and that tax deductions for charitable contributions are subject to certain limitations.
(2) Once funds are deposited into a DAF account, the donated capital is owned by MS GIFT, the entity that will manage donations to eligible organizations at the request of the donor. The funds are irrevocable once deposited in the account.
(3) Note: Corporate DAFs have a $100,000 minimum donation, Individual DAFs $250 minimum. Employees who recommend donations for their employer’s contributions would not be eligible to receive a tax deduction for such donations. Note that contributions are eligible for a tax deduction only in circumstances where the taxpayer itemizes deductions and that tax deductions for charitable contributions are subject to certain limitations.
(6) +As with any investments, there is also a potential for capital loss.
(7) Corporate DAFs have a $100,000 minimum donation, Individual DAFs $250 minimum.
Not all products and services are available in all jurisdictions.
The Morgan Stanley at Work Charitable Giving Program leverages the Morgan Stanley Global Impact Funding Trust, Inc. (“MS GIFT, Inc.”), which is an organization described in Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended. MS Global Impact Funding Trust (“MS GIFT”) is a donor-advised fund. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC provides investment management and administrative services to MS GIFT.
While we believe that MS GIFT provides a valuable philanthropic opportunity, contributions to MS GIFT are not appropriate for everyone. Other forms of charitable giving may be more appropriate depending on a donor’s specific situation. Of critical importance to any person considering making a donation to MS GIFT is the fact that any such donation is an irrevocable contribution. Although donors will have certain rights to make recommendations to MS GIFT as described in the Donor Circular & Disclosure Statement, contributions become the legal property of MS GIFT when donated.
The Donor Circular & Disclosure Statement describes the risks, fees and expenses associated with establishing and maintaining an MS GIFT account. Read it carefully before contributing. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (“Morgan Stanley”), its affiliates and Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors and Private Wealth Advisors do not provide tax or legal advice. Clients should consult their own tax and legal advisors (a) before donating to a Charitable Giving account, and (b) regarding any potential legal, tax, and related consequences of any donations, investments or other transactions made with respect to their donation.
This material may provide the addresses of, or contain hyperlinks to, websites. Except to the extent to which the material refers to website material of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, the firm has not reviewed the linked site. Equally, except to the extent to which the material refers to website material of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, the firm takes no responsibility for, and makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to, the data and information contained therein. Such address or hyperlink (including addresses or hyperlinks to website material of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management) is provided solely for your convenience and information and the content of the linked site does not in any way form part of this document. Accessing such website or following such link through the material or the website of the firm shall be at your own risk and we shall have no liability arising out of, or in connection with, any such referenced website. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is a business of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC.
© 2023 Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.
CRC 6014382 (11/23)