Click on the Exercise Grants button to launch the Exercise Grants process. The Exercise Grants process takes into consideration your company’s plan and the types of options you are exercising. The selections that you make, in combination with the specifics of your plan, will determine the subsequent questions/options that you will see. For this reason, the questions that you see may differ from the questions that are presented in this guide.
The Exercise Grants process has been broken up into three entry pages: Create the Order, Review and Confirm the order and View Confirmation.
A. Create the Order
1. Select how you would like to receive proceeds from the exercise:
Select “As Cash” or “As Shares”
2. Select the grants you want to exercise
- Determine which grant lot you would like to exercise and click on the “Select All” box or specify the grant quantity you would like to exercise. You may only exercise one lot per order.
Note: If you selected “As Cash” previously, you may be asked what grant type you would like to exercise
3. Select the order type:
- Market Orders are filled at the market price
- Limit Orders allow you to specify the price at which you want to exercise your options:
- Limit orders are valid for 365 days
- The transaction will be displayed as an open order on the Activity Page and if/when the limit order price is reached and the order is filled
4. Specify how you would like the proceeds delivered by selecting a method from the drop-down menu. For example, you can check via regular mail and we will mail your proceeds to the address we have on file for you.
5. View your Estimated Proceeds
Note: This sample transaction is for illustrative purposes only.
6. Click on the “Next Step” button to Review and Confirm your order.
B: Review and Confirm
1. Review all the details of your transaction on the Review and Confirm page.
2. Select or enter a phone number and enter your StockPlan Connect Password to confirm the order information.
Note: Phone numbers will be used only if there is a question about your transaction. Phone Numbers can be updated In the Profile > Contact Settings page.
3. Click on the “Submit Order” button to submit your order.
C. View Confirmation
Note: If you have not completed your Tax Certification, you may be subject to additional withholding taxes. To edit or complete your tax certification, click on the “Edit” link to launch the tax certification process.
Note: Click on the “Print” button to print the Order Entry Confirmation. A separate trade confirmation will be available for viewing on the Documents page when the trade has been executed.