- WHAT IS AN ESPP?
An ESPP is a way for you to purchase shares of your company’s stock through payroll deductions, sometimes at a discounted price. Once you have enrolled in the plan, your company will collect your payroll contributions to purchase shares on a specific date. The shares are then deposited to an account at Morgan Stanley. Morgan Stanley is the service provider for your ESPP and provides web tools and Service Center Professionals to help you monitor your purchases and answer questions.
- WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AN ESPP?
There are several terms that will help you understand your ESPP, such as: Enrollment Period, Plan Offering Period, Purchase Period, and Purchase Date. These terms are defined throughout this guide.
- HOW DO I ENROLL IN MY COMPANY’S ESPP?
Please visit StockPlan Connect, Morgan Stanley’s website for Plan Participants. Click on the “Enroll or adjust your contributions” link (found under the section titled “Employee Stock Purchase Plans” at the bottom of the “Login to Your Account” box) on the homepage. Once you complete the validation process, you may continue to the enrollment page to indicate the portion of your salary that you would like to contribute to the plan.
- WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED TO COMPLETE THE ENROLLMENT VALIDATION PROCESS ONLINE?
You may need to provide:
- Your company’s stock ticker symbol
- Your Participant Unique Identifier (PUID, which is most often the Employee ID number that your employer has provided), your Social Security Number (SSN), and/or your company-assigned Global ID (GID)
- Your date of birth or date of hire
- HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO ENROLL?
The time period during which you can enroll in your company's ESPP is referred to as the enrollment period. This period is determined by your company and can last anywhere from weeks to several months. During this time period, you’re permitted to enter your contribution election or make changes to your current selections. You can find your company’s specific enrollment dates in your company’s plan documents and online when you begin the enrollment process on StockPlan Connect.