Click on the Sell Shares button to launch the Sell Shares Process. The Sell Shares Process has been broken up into three entry pages: Create the Order, Review and Confirm the order, and View Confirmation.
A. Create the Order
1. Select the shares you would like to sell by:
Clicking on the Select Shares link: Allows you to enter the amount of shares you want to sell and will automatically select which share lots they will be sold from based on the directive you choose
Clicking the “Sell All” button: Systematically populates the “Enter Shares to Sell” field with all of the shares available for sale and clicks the Select All checkbox for all lots.
Checking the “Sell All” checkbox for each lot: Select the checkbox to sell all the Shares Available for Sale for a specific lot
- Manually entering the number of shares you would like to sell
Note: Click the Clear Selection button at any time to clear all fields.
2. Select the order type:
- Market Orders are filled at the next available market price
- Limit Orders allow you to specify the price at which you want to sell your shares:
- Limit orders are valid for 365 days
- The transaction will be displayed as an open order on the Activity Page until the limit order price is reached and if/when the order is filled
3. Specify how you would like the proceeds delivered. For example, if you select “Send me a check” we will mail your proceeds to the address we have on file for you.
4. View your Estimated Proceeds
Note: This sample transaction is for illustrative purposes only.
5. Click on the “Next Step” button to Review and Confirm your order.
B: Review and Confirm
1. Review all the details of your sale on the “Review and Confirm” page.
2. Select or enter a phone number and enter your StockPlan Connect Password to submit the sales order.
Note: Phone numbers will be used only if there is a question about your transaction. Phone Numbers can be updated In the Profile > Contact Settings page.
3. Click on the “Submit Order” button to submit your order.
C. View Confirmation
- If you have not completed your Tax Certification, you may be subject to additional withholding taxes. To edit or complete your tax certification, click on the “Edit” link to launch the tax certification process.
- Click on the “Print” button to print the Order Entry Confirmation. A separate trade confirmation will be available for view on the Documents page when the trade has been executed.