All the steps on this page are required to register your account.
A. Create User Name & Password
In this step you will create a new User Name and Password. These are the credentials you will use to access the website going forward.
- Create a new User Name in the New User Name field, following the standards as defined below:
- Must be between 6 and 20 characters
- Can consist of lower case and upper case characters
- Can contain the following symbols: period (.), underscore ( _ ), and hyphen (-)
- Cannot contain 2 consecutive special characters
- Cannot begin with a special character*
Note: Your User Name must be unique (i.e. it cannot already be in use by another person) and must comply with Morgan Stanley security standards.
- Create and enter a new Password in the New Password field, following the standards as defined below:
- Must be between 8 and 20 characters
- Must have at least one numeric and one letter
- Can contain all special characters except (<) and (>) *
- Cannot contain blank spaces
- Cannot contain letters that do not form part of the English alphabet and diacritics including accents and tildes
* A special character is defined as a character that is not a letter, number, symbol, or punctuation mark defined by the English Alphabet.
- Re-enter the new Password you just created in the New Password field. Passwords must match to proceed. A check mark will appear when the valid Password is re-entered.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive and must comply with Morgan Stanley complexity standards. The strength of the Password is measured by the “Password Strength” bar. A strong Password may provide greater security to your account.
B. Create a Voice Pin
This is used for verification when accessing account information over the phone. It should contain four digits.
C. Create Security Questions
Choose three (3) security questions and type your answer to the question into the blank field next to it. These questions are used to verify your identity if we detect unusual activity on your account or require a second level of identity verification. Therefore, it is important to remember the answers you create for these questions.
Note: If you would like to receive these notifications to your personal email address as well, you can make that election in the Profile screen once your registration is complete.