Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) today announced the release of its inaugural Blue Paper - a publication that focuses on critical investment themes requiring coordinated perspectives across sectors, regions and asset classes. The first Blue Paper is entitled "Brazil's Infrastructure: Paving the Way." Morgan Stanley analysts recommend two ways to participate in the expected growth of Brazil's infrastructure sector:
- 10 fundamental company picks: Cosan, Cosan Limited, OSX, Lupatech, Gerdau, Usiminas, CCR, ALL, Tractebel and CPFL
- Brazil Infrastructure Basket of 20 infrastructure plays (Bloomberg ticker MSBZINFR)
"The Blue Paper underscores our focus on long-term investment themes that integrate the insights of our economists, equity strategists and equity analysts," said Juan-Luis Perez, Global Director of Equity and Fixed Income Research at Morgan Stanley. "This product highlights our commitment to putting clients at the forefront of the most timely investment debates."
Additional highlights from the report follow.
- Strong secular forces will continue to drive emerging economies' growth outperformance relative to developed economies for the foreseeable future - but infrastructure will be the key challenge.
- Brazil must double its infrastructure investment rate if it wants to live up to its growth expectations as a BRIC member.
- Brazil will rise to the occasion and, over time, will achieve our base case scenario assumption of infrastructure spending of 4 percent of GDP.
Please contact email@example.com to obtain a copy of the report.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 42 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Media Relations Contact: Sandra Hernandez, 212.761.2448