Investors seeking a broad perspective on the global economy and securities markets can log into "Perspectives on the Markets and Your Money," a program presented by the Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management Group and now available to the public at www.morganstanley.com.
Taped recently before a live audience of clients and Financial Advisors, the program features a discussion moderated by Charlie Rose, of the Charlie Rose Program on PBS, between a panel of five leading investment experts including:
- Barton Biggs, Managing Partner, Traxis Partners
- Abhijit Chakrabortti, Chief U.S. Investment Strategist, Morgan Stanley
- David Darst, Chief Investment Strategist, Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management Group
- Steven Galbraith, Limited Partner, Maverick Capital
- Barbara Reinhard, Deputy Chief Investment Strategist, Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management Group
Mr. Rose launched the discussion by posing "three questions that everyone seems to be asking. Where are we? How did we get here? And, where are we going and how do we get out of it?"
In their responses to this and a series of follow-up questions, the panelists covered a wide range of topics during the one-hour program that are timely and relevant for investors. Among them:
- Whether the markets have found a bottom and are positioned for a sustained advance.
- Parallels, or not, between the U.S. economy today and that of Japan in the 1990s.
- What stock and other investments are likely to perform well in a recession.
- The effectiveness, or lack thereof, of government policy responses to the global economic crisis.
- The importance of such factors as fundamentals, valuation, and investor psychology to market direction going forward.
The panel was introduced by Morgan Stanley Co-President James P. Gorman, who stressed the Firm's commitment to helping clients weather the turbulent economic times.
Morgan Stanley Global Wealth Management Group (GWMG), one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world, provides a range of wealth management products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions. These include brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE) is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 600 offices in 37 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Investments and services are offered through Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated, member SIPC. 12/08 GP08-04393P-T12/08
Media Relations Contact: Christy Pollak, 914.225.6827