Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) announced today that it has appointed Gergely Voros and Dmitri Avdeev as Co-Heads of Investment Banking for Russia/CIS, effective 7 June. Both will be based in Moscow.
Mr. Voros, 39, has 13 years of investment banking experience in Russia and CIS and he has led the origination and execution of some of the biggest capital raisings in the region including, among others, the IPOs OAO Rosneft, Evraz Group, MMK and Eurasian Natural Resources Corp.
Mr. Avdeev, 36, returns to Morgan Stanley after two years as the Chief Financial Officer at Integra, a publicly-listed Russian oil services company. He brings with him 10 years of investment banking experience in Russia and was responsible for a number of sizeable M&A transactions and equity capital raisings chiefly in the oil and gas and mining sectors.
Commenting on the appointments, Elena Titova, President of Morgan Stanley Russia said, "These appointments underline Morgan Stanley's long-term commitment to Russia and the region, and come at a time of a strong revival in demand by domestic companies for superior advisory services and flawless capital raisings."
Added Franck Petitgas, Global Co-Head of Investment Banking: "Gergely and Dmitry bring to their new roles exceptionally strong capital-raising and advisory capabilities and a wealth of experience, which will be of great benefit to clients of Morgan Stanley in the region and those attracted to the area's vast investment potential."
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 42 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Note for Editors:
Qualifications: MBA, Harvard Business School
- 2008-Current: Morgan Stanley, Head of Emerging Markets Equity Capital Markets, London
- 2004-2008: Morgan Stanley, Head of Russia/CIS Equity Capital Markets, London
- 1998-2003: Morgan Stanley, Associate and Vice-President, Equity & Equity Linked Capital Markets in Europe, London
- 1994-1996: Boston Consulting Group, Consultant, Munich
IPOs: of Rosneft, Evraz Group, Novatek, X5, Sistema, MMK, Raspadskaia, CTC Media, Vimetco and New World Resources; Secondary Offerings of Norilsk Nickel, Evraz Group, Alliance Oil, Magnit and Integra, Convertible Bonds of Lukoil, Evraz Group, TMK, Alliance Oil
Qualifications: Degree in Applied Mathematics, Moscow State University
- 2008-Current: Integra Group, Chief Financial Officer and Member of the Board of Directors and Management Board, Integra Group, Moscow
- 2006-2008: Morgan Stanley, Executive Director, Russian and CIS Oil & Gas Group, Moscow
- 1998-2006: UFG and Deutsche UFG, Managing Director, Corporate Finance Department and Analyst Equity Research Department focusing on the oil & gas sector, Moscow
- 1995-1998: Deputy Head, Project Finance Department, Sidanco Oil Co., Moscow
Merger of Alliance Oil with West Siberian Resources; IPOs of Integra, Raspadskaia; Sale of Udmurtneft, a unit of TNK-BP, to Sinopec; Investment by BP into TNK-BP
Media Relations Contact: Michael Wang, +44-20-7425-2094