Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) announced today that David Cantillon will join the Firm as a Managing Director and Head of European Prime Brokerage.
Mr. Cantillon joins Morgan Stanley from Goldman Sachs where he worked for 12 years, most recently as head of Prime Brokerage Sales in Europe. In this role, he was responsible for business development and sales of prime brokerage and swaps products to hedge funds. Between 1998 and 2004 Mr. Cantillon was Head of European Convertible Bonds at Goldman Sachs.
Mr. Cantillon will start in mid April and will be based in London. He will report to Derek Bandeen, Head of European Equities and Stu Hendel, Global Head of Prime Brokerage.
Warren Holmes, currently acting head of European Prime Brokerage, will continue to play a senior role in European Prime Brokerage and will assist Mr. Cantillon on all aspects of the day-to-day business.
Commenting on the appointment, Derek Bandeen said, “I am delighted that David has agreed to join the firm. His wealth of experience will add further strength to our market-leading prime brokerage business. He will be an exceptional asset to the team.”
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, wealth management and credit services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals from more than 600 offices in 30 countries. For further information about Morgan Stanley, please visit www.morganstanley.com.
Note to Editors:
- 1989 – University College Cork, Ireland- Bachelor of Commerce, major in Finance
- 2004-Current: Goldman Sachs, Head of European Prime Brokerage Sales
- 2003-2004: Goldman Sachs, Managing Director &Head of European Convertible Bonds
- 1998-2003: Goldman Sachs, Vice President (& previously Associate) Convertible Bond Sales
- 1994-1998: Goldman Sachs, Associate (& previously) Analyst Stock Loan Trading and Equity Finance Division
- 1993-1994: Goldman Sachs, Analyst, Operations, Technology and Finance Division
Contact: Media Relations, Sebastian Howell, +44.207.425.5324