We are looking for determined, goal-oriented candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds to become Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors starting in our Wealth Advisor Associate Program. This two year program offers candidates who don’t come from a traditional financial or sales background an opportunity to gain support, guidance and build a network to help them succeed as Financial Advisors. If you’re ready to create a financial opportunity for your clients and yourself, we can help you achieve the career you’ve dreamed.
Our two year Wealth Advisor Associate Program is a unique opportunity that prepares you to become a Financial Advisor through a combination of fine-tuned financial planning skills, partnerships with Senior Financial Advisors, and leveraging innovative tools and technology to better assist them in growing their practices.
The first phase of the program is comprised of a curriculum on industry products, services, financial planning tools and client acquisition skills.
Following successful completion of the first phase, phase two involves partnering with senior Financial Advisors to gain valuable hands on experience with our various wealth planning and digital solutions across the platform. Here you will utilize the tools and solutions provided to create and present financial plans and analyses to clients, promote the value of the Firm’s client portal and banking offers available through our bank affiliates, and enhance the Financial Advisors digital presence through the use of social media, websites, and other digital client outreach capabilities. Upon completion of the Wealth Advisor Associate Program, you will transition into the 3 year Financial Advisor Associate program. Financial Advisor Associates are responsible for using business-management knowledge, financial planning and networking talents to provide clients with individualized and comprehensive financial services and investment strategies.
The Wealth Advisor Associate program offers:
- The opportunity to become a Financial Advisor Associate upon completion of the Wealth Advisor Associate Program
- Proprietary training in Sales, Finance, Wealth Planning, Investment Strategies and Investment Products
- Financial Planning and the utilization of Morgan Stanley’s suite of financial planning tools and resources
- Personalized wealth management guidance so you can help clients prepare for their financial future
- Dedicated training and support from senior Financial Advisors
- The modeling of multiple planning and investment scenarios
- Proficiency around wealth management digital tools and strategies for business development, marketing, and prospecting
- Staying current with product and service offerings, and ongoing relationship building with multiple Financial Advisors and their clients
- The opportunity to begin building a wealth management practice of your own, beginning 6 months prior to the end of the Wealth Advisor Associate Program
- Competitive compensation including a base salary and bonus.
Job requirements for application include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, sales, marketing or a related field—or equivalent to five years professional experience in business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, finance or other business
- Excellent communication, presentation, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to listen to client needs and provide financial solutions
- Strong community presence with a strong network of personal and business contacts
- Working knowledge of financial planning tools (preferred)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or pursuing the CFP designation (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessments
The Hiring Process consists of 6 Phases
Candidates will complete the online application, attach their resume and complete the below assessments.
The General Reasoning Test (GRT) - measures various aspects of an individual’s reasoning capacity and capabilities.
The Financial Advisor Assessment- design to determine an individual’s potential to become a successful Financial Advisor.
Phone Call with Recruiter
Recruiter will schedule a brief call with candidates to review the program, answer questions, and discuss the next steps within the process.
On Demand Self-Video
To complete the on-demand video interview, candidates record their answers to pre-set interview questions using their computer or mobile device.
Hiring Manager Review
Candidates will have a face to face interview with the local management team, where a business plan exercise will be reviewed.
Local management performs final evaluation. Employment is contingent upon a background check.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Wealth Advisor Associates (WAA) does not work on a commissions-only basis but rather are provided a base salary and incentive opportunities for performing to the firm's high standards and rewarded for exceeding them. The compensation structure is designed to support WAAs throughout the initial development period, offering the opportunity to receive substantial compensation.
WAA compensation has three components:
- Base salary - Associates will receive a base salary commensurate to their experience.
- Incentive compensation - Associates become eligible for incentive compensation upon entering the third phase of the program.
- Incentive bonus - Associates may become eligible to receive a bonus upon successful completion of the program. All compensation referenced herein is subject to applicable income tax and other wage withholdings.
Join Our Talent
Join Morgan Stanley's Talent Network to keep up to date on the organization's employment opportunities.Learn more
Employee Networking Groups
We are committed to excellence through collaboration, and we believe people with similar goals and interests working together makes our company stronger.Learn more