The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM group. The majority of opportunities are in our New York offices, but there may also be select positions in suburban Philadelphia. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the work, culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst.
The Global Sales & Distribution group is the primary sales force for Investment Management, selling products through the following channels: Institutional Sales & Consultant Relations:
- Focus on North America Public Plans, Corporations, Endowments/Foundations and Insurance Companies Intermediary Distribution:
- Wealth Advisor Channel: Focus on financial advisors at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and other fund distributors/wirehouses
- Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) Channel: Focus on mid to large sized registered investment advisors and regional banks
- Sub-advisory: Focus on obtaining sub-advised mandates from larger mutual fund investment companies
- National Accounts: Focus on ensuring MSIM product suite is available on various platforms at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and other larger broker/dealers and wirehouses
Morgan Stanley Investment Management’s training program consists of a curriculum designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need in order to be successful. The program is one week long and includes a Firmwide orientation, business overviews, professional development, technical training and networking events. A speaker series is also a part of the overall training and is run throughout the duration of the program.