The Taiwan Summer Internship Program starts late June 2020 and is a 10-week program designed to give you an opportunity to work on a tangible project for your chosen business area and learn more about Morgan Stanley Taiwan.
Business Units participating in this year’s internship are listed below. You will be asked when completing your application to select three Business Units (in order of preference), that you would be most interested interning with and we will do our best to accommodate. You will spend the full 10 weeks with this group.
- Compliance: identify and provide guidance on compliance risks and the design of an effective compliance risk management program in support of the Firm’s commitment to deliver first-class business in a first-class way.
- Finance: reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 2,500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction.
- Technology: partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets. Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
- Operations: supports clients across Institutional Securities, Asset Management, and Wealth Management business lines. They settle millions of transactions per day, mitigate operational risks, enhance client relationships and drive process and technology change to differentiate. They help to develop new businesses and markets around the world.
- Research: through timely, in-depth analysis of companies, industries, markets, and world economies, Morgan Stanley has earned its reputation as a leader in the field of investment research.
- Institutional Equity Division: from global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
- Firm Management: supports senior Morgan Stanley decision-makers in strengthening our leadership in global financial services. The group provides advice on our strategic alternatives by analyzing industry dynamics across lines of business.
This structured program is designed to give you an in-depth insight into the division you work with and through the completion of discrete projects, an opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills needed to develop an exciting and rewarding career. You will participate in a local orientation session and join a series of networking sessions with colleagues and senior leaders from across the Asia region.