What type of documents can I share with Digital Vault?
Documents uploaded to Digital Vault should be relevant to your account relationship with Morgan Stanley. Some examples of documents and records that may be uploaded include:
Financial Records including:
- Personal: Checking, Savings, and Credit Card Statements
- Assets: Brokerage, Stock Option, Pension Plan, IRA, 401(k), 403B, 457 Plan statements, 529 Plan statements, Annuity Contracts
Legal Record including: Powers of Attorney, Living Will & Trust, Marriage Certificate
Personal Information: Birth Certificate, Driver's License.
Are any documents unsuitable for Digital Vault?
- Images of a personal or inappropriate nature, including: family vacation photos, journal records and social media account login information
- Pictures of credit cards
- Personally identifiable information not relevant to the relationship with Morgan Stanley
- Orders for purchases or sales of securities or for other financial / banking transactions
What file types can I upload to Digital Vault?
Compatible file types include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Portable Document Format (pdf), Text Format (txt), Picture (jpg, png, gif, tif, bmp) and CSV (comma separated values).
Video and audio files are not compatible with Digital Vault.
How will my Financial Advisor know that I have uploaded a file?
Your Financial Advisor team will be automatically notified when you upload new files. Similarly, you will also receive email notifications when your Financial Advisor team uploads new files.
Fast Document Exchange
You and your Financial Advisor team can now share documents by simply uploading a file.
Documents can be accessed across all your devices from desktop, to tablet and mobile.
All uploaded documents are scanned for viruses and encrypted for an extra layer of security.
Access Digital Vault
To enroll in Digital Vault or access the tool, log in to Morgan Stanley Online or the Morgan Stanley Mobile app and select Digital Vault from the menu options.
To upload files, click on Upload File or drag and drop a file on to the page. Select the document type and click Upload.
To download files, click on the ellipsis next to a file or folder and select Download.
To organize files, click on the ellipsis next to a file or folder and select Move. Choose a destination folder and then click on Move.
Your Financial Advisor team will automatically be notified when you upload your files. And you will be notified when your Financial Advisor team uploads new files.