To help employees affected by Hurricane Laura, the Firm has the resources below. Additional resources may become available if conditions worsen or state, local or federal governments declare your area of residence eligible for assistance from FEMA. We will update this site then.
Note: Updates on office closings, re-openings and other information will be distributed by local branch management using the Firm’s Rapid Notification System. Watch for phone calls from 615-514-0826 – or texts from 893-61.
If you don’t find what you need here, please call your manager or email your HR Business Partners so we can understand how we can help.
* * *
UPDATES: Thursday, September 3 (Medical Plan and Movers)
United Health Care: Medical and Prescription Drug Support
For employees and their dependents enrolled in the Firm’s medical plan through UHC:
- If you’ve been displaced and can’t use your regular network doctors, providers or facility, out-of-network care may be treated as an in-network expense. For questions or help, call UHC at 888-332-8891.
- You may refill existing prescriptions early, if needed. Call OptumRx at 855-855-8757.
- Prior authorization for medical care has been suspended.
- For a copy of your medical ID card or plan information, such as your medications, download the UHC app or visit myuhc.com.
Cigna: Medical and Prescription Drug Support
For employees and their dependents enrolled in the Firm’s medical plan through Cigna:
- If you’ve been displaced and can’t use your regular network doctors, providers or facility, out-of-network care may be treated as an in-network expense. For questions or help, call Cigna at 800-CIGNA24 (800-244-6224).
- You may refill existing prescriptions early, if needed. Call OptumRx at 855-855-8757– or Cigna Pharmacy (Medical Plan Option C only) at 800-CIGNA24 (800-244-6224).
- For a copy of your medical ID card or plan information, such as your medications, download the Cigna app or visit mycigna.com.
Auto and Home Insurance Resources
If you have auto and/or home insurance through the Firm, MetLife can help you and your family secure shelter, guide you through temporary repairs, issue advances for immediate expenses and quickly compensate you for damage to your property.
- Auto, home and property damage coverage – 800-854-6011
- Flood coverage – 877-254-6819
An online “one-stop” experience to move your belongings, car, pets, etc. Schedule an appointment 24/7 with a move coach who will assess your needs and get quotes from trusted movers and storage facilities. Coaches can also help find housing. The service is free of charge. Learn more
Budd Van Lines
Alan Bronstein | email@example.com | cell: 732-979-8034 | office: 732-271-2231
New World Van Lines
Cathy Marx Grider | firstname.lastname@example.org | 773-791-2777
* * *
UPDATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 28
If you are looking for cleaning services, employees have a free corporate membership with Care.com. You can post the job yourself—or call Care.com and have a representative perform the search for you.
* * *
POSTED THURSDAY, AUGUST 27
Make Sure the Firm Knows How to Contact You
If you have not already updated in Workday your emergency contact information (personal cell phone and email, home address – and an emergency contact’s name and contact information), please call HR Services at 1-877-674-7411 between 9 am and 7 pm ET, M‑F. From the call menu, first say HR Systems, Payroll and Deferred Compensation, and then HR Systems, Transactions and Other Questions.
- Review How to Prepare for a Hurricane, guidance from FEMA.
- This Red Cross safety checklist has information to help you prepare and about what to do after a natural disaster.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency website – www.DisasterAssistance.gov – lists resources provided by the federal government, as well as local agencies and organizations. While the full impact of the hurricane is yet to be determined, if you need to apply for disaster relief, doing so online at the above URL is the fastest way. If you do not have internet access, call 1-800-621-3362.
If you have immediate housing needs, please contact your manager. For help finding short-term housing, contact Matt Was at Nomad Temporary Housing: email@example.com | 866-282-4750.
Benefits Information and Contacts
My Benefits site – Access information from your phone about the Firm’s medical, dental, vision and other benefits plans. Also, find a list of contact information by vendor (Cigna, UnitedHealthcare, etc.).
Note: For questions about voluntary insurances you have elected through the Firm – such as homeowners, renters, auto, etc. – call You Decide at 800-864-1539.
Benefits Advocates – For questions about your benefits – including what’s covered, finding in-network doctors, and billing and claims help – call 1-877-674-7411* between 8 am and 7 pm ET, M‑F – and say Benefits Advocates.
* Note: Employees’ spouses/domestic partners should call 800-555-7187.
If you are in an affected area or have evacuated and need an early refill of your medications, call OptumRx at 855-855-8757.
Employees and their dependents enrolled in the Firm’s vision plan, who have lost or broken their eyewear or need eye care services due to the storm or any natural disaster, can call VSP at 800-877-7195 to have their VSP benefits reinstated – regardless of eligibility.
Additionally, if you (or anyone you know) is not a VSP member and needs to replace eyewear that was lost or damaged due to a disaster, VSP and the Red Cross can help. To learn more about the no-cost glasses program, contact the local American Red Cross or call 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767) to request a VSP Eyes of Hope® gift certificate to use at a local VSP network doctor’s office.
For updates about relief efforts, visit disaster.vsp.com.
Mental Health Services
Natural disasters can take a toll on our mental wellbeing, too. The Firm’s mental health benefit through Lyra covers free, confidential sessions with therapists and coaches for you, your spouse/partner and children. Providers can help if you’re stressed, anxious, depressed or having problems sleeping – or want to talk about life issues like illness or loss, or legal or financial concerns.
- 24/7 support: 844-926-2648
- Schedule an appointment – often as soon as the next day: https://morganstanley.lyrahealth.com
- Tips to Cope in Response to a Natural Disaster
Financial and Legal Support
Lyra Health offers these confidential services, at no cost, to assist you and your family during these challenging times:
- Legal – 30-minute consultation with an attorney or mediator, and access to 24-hour emergency support
- Financial – 30-minute consultation with a financial counselor, and a 30-minute consultation with a CPA
- Identity theft – 60-minute consultation with a fraud resolution specialist, and an identification emergency response kit
844-926-2648 | https://morganstanley.lyrahealth.com/worklife
The Firm has arranged for experts to review employees’ insurance policies (home, renter’s, flood, auto, etc.) and provide guidance in filing claims. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Car Rental Discounts
If you need temporary transportation, here are the Firm’s rental car discount codes:
- Avis: D015790
- Budget: U264503
- Enterprise and National: XZ24MS2
- Hertz: 1806667
- Thrifty: LST14
The Perks at Work site has discounts from over 30,000 vendors. Create an account using your Morgan Stanley email address.