Employees and their family may speak confidentially with a professional counselor – day or night – about stress, financial or family issues, at no cost.
New: Specialists can also help you with everyday needs and finding family care, shelter, hotels, pet shelters, mold removal services, plumbers and contractors.
Call Humana 24/7 at 866-248-7640.
Employees who have experienced a catastrophic loss and need short term basic necessities (e.g., food or clothing that would not otherwise be reimbursable by insurance or any other payment method) may apply for a cash payment from the Firm. An example includes extensive damage to the employee’s home rendering it uninhabitable for an extended period of time due to a natural disaster. Click the following links to review the policy and access the application. Completed applications can be sent to Stephania Greendyk at Stephania.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed promptly.
If you have immediate housing needs, please contact your manager.
The Firm has arranged for experts to review employees’ insurance policies (home, renter’s, flood, auto, etc.) and assist with filing claims.
For details, please email email@example.com.
For employees enrolled in the Firm’s Medical Plan through Cigna or UnitedHealthcare, emergency care will be covered at 80% once the employee has met their annual deductible.
For details, call: 24/7:
- Cigna – 800-CIGNA24 (244-6224)
- UnitedHealthcare – 888-332-8891
For employees enrolled in the Firm’s Medical Plan through Cigna or UnitedHealthcare, OptumRx will:
- Allow early refills
- Waive preauthorization requirements for most 30-day refills
- Allow maintenance and specialty drugs to be filled at a local retail pharmacy without penalty
For details, call OptumRx at 1-855-855-8757.*
* Employees enrolled in Medical Plan Option C with Cigna should call Cigna at 1-800-244-6224.
If an employee’s prescription eyewear or contacts were lost or damaged as a result of Hurricane Harvey, VSP will reinstate the annual maximum benefit coverage available under the Firm’s plan, even if the employee has already exhausted it for the year. For example, if the employee purchased eyeglasses this year and would normally not be eligible for another pair, he/she will be able to purchase new eyeglasses and obtain the full plan benefit.
Standard plan provisions (e.g., copays, coinsurance and discounts) apply based on whether the employees uses an in-network or out-of-network provider.
Important: Employees not enrolled in the Firm’s vision plan may contact their local American Red Cross chapter and request a VSP eye care voucher, which will allow them to select from certain VSP-branded frames valued at up to $115, plus standard lenses, at a VSP provider.
For details, call VSP at 1-800-877-7195.
These specially trained professionals can help employees with medical billing and claims advocacy. Employee can call with questions about health care coverage, for help filing or appealing a claim, if they believe they’ve been billed incorrectly by a health care provider or to learn more about the Firm’s many employee programs.
Call 1-877-674-7411 and say “health and wellness advisor” when prompted. 8 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays.
Employees may request the following:
- Loan – Maximum loan is the lesser of $50,000 minus your highest outstanding loan balance, if any, within the last 12 months or 50% of your vested balance.
- Non-Hardship Withdrawal – Available to employees older than age 59½; subject to income tax.
- Hardship Withdrawal – For a need arising from Hurricane Harvey of an employee, or lineal ancestor or descendant, who lives or works in an affected area. Subject to income tax; may include a 10% early distribution tax if the employee is under age 59½.
For details, call 1-877-674-7411 and say “401(k) and pension” and then “Morgan Stanley 401(k)” when prompted. 9 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays.
Or, on the Benefit Center website: click Savings & Retirement | 401(k) Savings Plan | Withdraw or Rollover Money
HR Services Representatives
9 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays
Benefit Center Website
If the Bright Horizons backup childcare center in the employee’s area is…
- Open – The standard copay of $20 per child, up to a $35 maximum per family, applies.
- Not open due to the natural disaster, Bright Horizons will reimburse employees (up to $100 per day) who arrange for backup care from a relative, babysitter, friend, etc. Pre-registration is required. Bright Horizons has activated this program for Texas and Louisiana through September 15.
Note: In either case, call to register first. Also, the fair market value of these services paid by the Firm on the employee’s behalf will be considered taxable income, as usual. Additionally, if the employee contributes to a Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account, the annual contribution will also be reflected on the employee’s Form W-2. If the total of those two amounts exceeds $5,000, the amount over $5,000 will be considered taxable income.
For details, call Bright Horizons 24/7 at 1-877-242-2737.
If you need to temporary transportation, please contact your manager for the Firm’s car rental discounts.
Morgan Stanley employees are encouraged to also support the Gulf community at large. The Firm is matching donations to the Red Cross up to $500,000 and has already delivered $250,000 in a first round of support. Visit https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/morganstanley-emp to learn more.
Local employees who wish to volunteer are encouraged to work with the Houston Food Bank, a major partner of the Morgan Stanley Foundation. For those wishing to donate food, please consult the list of needed supplies, see ideas on the most needed items list.
For Employees Who Have Purchased Group Insurance through MetLife
For All Employees