Please note: Certain benefits will only become available if state, local and federal governments declare your area of residence eligible for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 19
Emergency Funds Relief Program
The Emergency Funds Relief Program is now in effect for eligible employees. Visit the FEMA website to find out if your county is in a Disaster Declaration Zone.
Eligible employees who have experienced a catastrophic loss and need short-term basic necessities (e.g., food or clothing that would not otherwise be reimbursable by insurance or any other payment method) may apply for a cash payment from the Firm. An example includes extensive damage to the employee’s home rendering it uninhabitable for an extended period of time due to a natural disaster.
Please contact your HR Representative or manager for additional information on the policy and the application. Email completed applications to Andrea Cioffi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed promptly.
MetLife Home & Auto Catastrophe Response Vehicles (CRVs)
Catastrophe Response Vehicles (CRVs) have been deployed to the locations listed below. These allow MetLife claims associates to reach employees in their communities to help them file claims quickly.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2060 Skibo Road
Open Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern
Map to location
Kinston, North Carolina (North Carolina Insurance Camp)
4489 Highway 70 West
Kinston, NC 28504
Open starting Thursday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern
Map to location
File a Claim by Phone, Fax or Email
If you need to file a property claim:
- Phone: 800-854-6011
- Fax: 866-743-1546. OR
- Email: MET_CAT@metlife.com
If you have a flood policy and need to file a flood claim:
- Phone: 1-800-759-8656
- Email: email@example.com
Employees and their family may speak confidentially with a professional counselor – day or night – about stress, financial or family issues, at no cost.
Call Humana 24/7 at 866-248-7640.
If you have immediate housing needs, please contact your manager, or contact BridgeStreet for short-term housing needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For employees enrolled in the Firm’s Medical Plan through Cigna or UnitedHealthcare, both in-network and out-of-network emergency care will be covered at 80% once the employee has met their annual deductible. This is an enhancement to the usual Plan rules, which typically pays 60% for out-of-network emergency care after the deductible is met.
For details, call: 24/7:
- Cigna – 800-CIGNA24 (244-6224)
- UnitedHealthcare – 888-332-8891
For employees enrolled in the Firm’s Medical Plan through Cigna or UnitedHealthcare, OptumRx will:
- Allow early refills
- Waive preauthorization requirements for most 30-day refills
- Allow maintenance and specialty drugs to be filled at a local retail pharmacy without penalty
For details, call OptumRx at 1-855-855-8757.*
* Employees enrolled in Medical Plan Option C with Cigna should call Cigna at 1-800-244-6224.
If an employee’s prescription eyewear or contacts were lost or damaged as a result of the natural disaster, VSP will reinstate the annual maximum benefit coverage available under the Firm’s plan, even if the employee has already exhausted it for the year.
Standard plan provisions (e.g., copays, coinsurance and discounts) apply based on whether the employees uses an in-network or out-of-network provider.
Important: Employees not enrolled in the Firm’s vision plan may contact their local American Red Cross chapter and request a VSP eye care voucher, which will allow them to select from certain VSP-branded frames valued at up to $115, plus standard lenses, at a VSP provider.
For details, call VSP at 1-800-877-7195.
These specially trained professionals can help employees with medical billing, locating specialists, scheduling appointments and claims advocacy. Employees and their families can call with questions about health care coverage, help filing a claim, if they believe they’ve been billed incorrectly by a health care provider, or to learn more about the Firm’s many employee programs.
Say “Benefits Advocates” when prompted
8 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays
FOR YOUR FAMILY
8 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays
Employees may request the following distributions:
- Loan – the maximum loan is the lesser of $50,000 minus your highest outstanding loan balance, if any, within the last 12 months or 50% of your vested balance.
- Non-Hardship Withdrawal – available to employees older than age 59½ and is subject to income tax.
- Hardship Withdrawal – for the costs to repair hurricane-related damage to their principal residence. Employees must have an outstanding loan from the 401(k) Plan to be eligible. Subject to income tax and may include a 10% early distribution tax if the employee is less than age 59½.
- Call 1-877-674-7411 and say “401(k) and pension” and then “Morgan Stanley 401(k)” when prompted. 9 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays.
- Or, on the Benefit Center website: click Savings & Retirement | 401(k) Savings Plan | Withdraw or Rollover Money
Through December 31, 2018, Morgan Stanley employees and any spouse, domestic partner or dependent child up to age 26 affected by the natural disaster are eligible for complimentary legal consultations and document review services through Hyatt Legal Plans. Consultations may be by phone or in the office of an attorney from the Hyatt Legal Plans network.
Please note that only storm-related legal matters are eligible. Business and employment related issues are excluded.
Call the Hyatt Legal Plans Client Service Center at 1-800-821-6400 (8 am to 8 pm, Eastern, weekdays). You will be asked to identify your employer, provide the last four digits of your Social Security number or your full MSID, and indicate that you are interested in document review and/or consultation services related to the natural disaster.
* This offer is available regardless of whether you are currently enrolled in Morgan Stanley’s group legal plan.
HR Services Representatives
9 am to 7 pm Eastern, weekdays
Benefit Center Website
If the Bright Horizons backup childcare center in the employee’s area is…
- Open – The standard copay of $20 per child, up to a $35 maximum per family, applies.
- Not open due to the natural disaster, Bright Horizons will reimburse employees (up to $100 per day) who arrange for backup care from a relative, babysitter, friend, etc. Pre-registration is required. Bright Horizons has activated this program for Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. Activation will start Wednesday, September 12th and end Sunday, September 16th.
Note: In either case, call to register first. Also, the fair market value of these services paid by the Firm on the employee’s behalf will be considered taxable income, as usual. Additionally, if the employee contributes to a Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account, the annual contribution will also be reflected on the employee’s Form W-2. If the total of those two amounts exceeds $5,000, the amount over $5,000 will be considered taxable income.
For details, call Bright Horizons 24/7 at 1-877-242-2737.
If you need to temporary transportation, please contact your manager for the Firm’s car rental discounts.
When an evacuation order is issued, you may not have much time to prepare. The New York Times has prepared a checklist to help you prepare yourself, your family and your property before and after the storm hits.