Graystone Consulting, a business of Morgan Stanley, has a simple mission: To be the industry standard in investment consulting services for sophisticated investors.
Graystone Consulting has a simple mission: To be the industry standard in investment consulting services for sophisticated investors.
A business of Morgan Stanley, Graystone Consulting is a global leader and pioneer in the fiduciary management business. We offer the vast resources of a global investment organization in a customized format tailored to address each client’s needs.
Our tailored solutions help a variety of institutional clients, including foundations, endowments, educational institutions, health care entities, associations and other non-profit organizations, as well as corporations. We partner with our clients to help them manage their fiduciary responsibilities in many areas, including defined contribution and defined benefit plans, Taft-Hartley plans, state and local government retirement plans, and mission-driven pools of assets.
We follow a disciplined investment consulting process that begins and ends with our clients. Investment strategies are delivered locally by dedicated teams, each led by an Institutional Consulting Director. Our teams are able to leverage the vast global resources of Morgan Stanley and deliver customized advice to our clients.
At the core of our services is our disciplined and continuous investment process—one that serves as the constant foundation of our work throughout the life of the client relationship.
There are a number of benefits to working with Graystone Consulting, including:
- Client Focus. Graystone Consulting has more than 40 years of experience in the industry advising institutional clients as a fiduciary on all aspects of investment management planning. We have a proactive approach to guiding timely investment decisions, driven by our clients’ unique needs. We partner in virtually all aspects of board presentations and committee review materials.
- Local Presence to Serve Clients. We have over 45 experienced teams across the US, and our team leaders average more than 20 years of industry experience.
- Investment Experience. Graystone Consultants have access to the vast resources of Morgan Stanley, including more than 40 seasoned investment analysts and professionals, and more than 1,500 investment manager analysis reports produced by Morgan Stanley’s Global Investment Manager Analysis team. Graystone Consultants also have access to capital markets insights, macroeconomic analysis, and thought leadership from the firm’s Global Investment Committee.
- Depth of Process. Our process-driven services include plan review, asset allocation, manager selection, custody, operations and reporting.
- Independence and Objectivity. Our extensive platform offers independent and non-proprietary products. Unbiased external manager research includes a rigorous investment committee process to determine appropriate investment managers and products for our clients.
- Transparent Pricing. Our scale gives us competitive access and favorable asset manager pricing. We are committed to full disclosure and transparency of pricing.
For inquiries about Graystone Consulting, please contact Jenna Bloomgarden, 914.225.8334.