If you have a restricted award vesting resulting in a Sell-to-Cover (STC) or Sell-all-Shares (SAS) transaction, you will receive a Stock Plan Summary at the end of the quarter in which the transaction occurred. The Year-End Summary will contain a recap of activity for the entire calendar year.
- Type of statement and time period
- Morgan Stanley contact information
- Company Name and Stock Symbol
- This gray subtitle indicates the type of transaction that occurred: either Exercise and Sell or Exercise and Sell-to-Cover
- Trade and Settlement Date of the transaction
- Award type (e.g. RST = Restricted Stock or Unit)
- Award Price, Release FMV, and Sale Price
- Number of shares released and sold
- Taxable Compensation Amount
- Sale Proceeds equal the number of shares multiplied by price.*
- Taxes withheld on Release, if applicable
- Backup Withholding, if applicable
- Net proceeds from the transaction (Sale Proceeds less any applicable taxes or backup withholding amounts)
*This will be the amount reported on the 1099-B.