Wire Funds Questions
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO WIRE SALE PROCEEDS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT?
There is typically a $25 fee associated with a federal fund wire, which is deducted from your sale proceeds. This fee is shown under the estimated proceeds section on the Exercise Grants or Sell Shares screen.
- HOW CAN I GET CONFIRMATION THAT MY FUNDS HAVE BEEN WIRED?
Once we receive confirmation that your bank has acknowledged the funds, you can contact the Morgan Stanley Service Center to obtain a confirmation reference number.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ME TO RECEIVE MY PROCEEDS?
For wires to U.S. banks, brokerage and credit union accounts, you will typically receive your proceeds the day the transaction settles, which is approximately the third business day after your transaction was executed. For wires to international banks, Morgan Stanley releases the funds on settlement date and the receiving bank will credit the account according to their policy.
- I HAVE RECEIVED LESS MONEY THAN THE ORIGINAL WIRE AMOUNT; WHY WERE THERE ADDITIONAL FEES CHARGED?
Morgan Stanley will not charge any additional fees above our standard wire fee. Your receiving bank and any intermediary banks, however, may charge either a flat fee or a percentage of the dollar amount transferred.
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO WIRING MY PROCEEDS?
When choosing your proceeds delivery method on StockPlan Connect you can also choose to receive your proceeds by check through regular mail or overnight delivery. If you have a Morgan Stanley brokerage account, you can deposit your sale proceeds to your brokerage account.
- WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE?
Please contact the Morgan Stanley Service Center at: 1-866-722-7310 (U.S. participants) or 1-801-617-7435 (non-U.S. participants)