We are looking for determined, goal-oriented candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds to become Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors starting in our Wealth Advisory Associate Program. This two year program offers candidates who don’t come from a traditional financial or sales background an opportunity to gain support, guidance and build a network to help them succeed as Financial Advisors. If you’re ready to create financial opportunity for your clients and yourself, we can help you achieve the career you’ve dreamed.
Our two year Wealth Advisory Associate Program is a unique opportunity which prepares you to become a Financial Advisor with fine-tuned financial planning skills. The first phase of the program is comprised of completing our curriculum and training on industry products, services, financial planning tools and client acquisition skills.
The next phase of the program is partnering with senior Financial Advisors and gaining more insight on our wealth planning solutions. You will utilize the tools, platforms, and solutions provided to create and present financial plans to clients and prospects.
Upon completion of the Wealth Advisory Associate Program, you will transition into the Financial Advisor Associate program that encompasses a three year training Program. Financial Advisor Associates are responsible for using business-management knowledge, financial planning expertise and networking talents to provide clients with individualized and comprehensive financial services and investment strategies.
The Wealth Advisory Associate Program offers:
- The opportunity to become a Financial Advisor upon completion of the Wealth Advisory Associate Program. Proprietary training in Sales, Finance, Wealth Planning, Investment Strategies and Investment Products.
- Financial Planning and the utilization of Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the art Wealth Planning Solutions.
- Personalized wealth management guidance so you can help clients prepare for a successful financial future.
- Dedicated training and support from senior Financial Advisors.
- The modeling of multiple planning and investment scenarios and the experience giving client presentations.
- Staying current with product and service offerings, and ongoing relationship building with multiple Financial Advisors and their clients.
- The opportunity to begin building a wealth management practice of your own.
- Competitive compensation including a base salary and incentive compensation for exceeding benchmarks.
Job requirements for application include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, sales, marketing or a related field—or equivalent to five years professional experience in business development, management, sales, legal, accounting, education, military, finance or other business
- Excellent communication, presentation, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to listen to client needs and provide financial solutions
- Strong community presence with a strong network of personal and business contacts
- Working knowledge of Money Guide Pro (preferred)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or pursuing the CFP designation (preferred)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessments
The Hiring Process consists of 4 Phases
Candidate completes employment application, submits resume and completes two online assessments.
Candidate's application and assessment results are reviewed by Talent Acquisition team. Talent Acquisition team sets up phone screen with candidate.
Face to face interviews are held with the local management team. Candidate then completes a business plan exercise, which is reviewed. Upon successful assessment of the business plan, another round of face to face interviews is held.
Local management performs final evaluation to determine if an offer will be extended. Employment is contingent on background check.
The Morgan Stanley Wealth Advisory Associate (WAA) Program is a unique opportunity for you to explore the nuances of wealth planning. Through the program, you will learn how to fine-tune your skills so you can better help high net-worth clients uncover their long-term objectives and take the steps necessary to reach their goals. You will learn how to utilize Morgan Stanley’s state-of-the-art tools platform and by working with experienced Financial Advisors. You will discover how wealth management strategies can help clients better prepare for their financial future.
The Wealth Advisory Associate Program is sixteen-months of intensive training and curriculum. At the completion of the Wealth Advisory Associate program, you will enter into the Financial Advisor Associate (FAA) Program and concentrate on continuing to build your wealth management practice as you focus on your own clients.
WAA compensation has three components:
- Base salary commensurate to your experience
- Incentive compensation (eligible during six month Production phase)
- Incentive bonus (upon successful completion of the program)
Notes: All compensation referenced herein is subject to applicable income tax and other wage withholdings.
Join Our Talent
Join Morgan Stanley's Talent Network to keep up to date on the organization's employment opportunities.Learn more
Employee Networking Groups
We are committed to excellence through collaboration, and we believe people with similar goals and interests working together makes our company stronger.Learn more