The Program consists of 3 Phases
Phase 1: Pre-Production
Licensing, Learning & Coaching
- Pass the Series 7 and 66 licensing exams
- Meet with assigned coaches for guidance through the training process
- Complete curriculum requirements:
- Basics of financial markets and investment strategies
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's products and services
- Creating an effective business plan tailored to your target markets
- Inter-personal communication skills
- Client acquisition skills (e.g., prospecting, conducting meetings, closing)
- Compliance rules, regulations, and guidelines
- Attend first National Performance Training Session
Phase 2: Production
Client Acquisition & Coaching
At this point, you will be fully licensed and ready to start soliciting business and opening accounts. Your learning curriculum will shift from the fundamentals to intermediate knowledge and skills. On a weekly basis, you will continue to meet with your Coach to go through Playbooks.
You will continue to build on your investment management knowledge by learning:
- How to master client relationships through direct client contact
- Features, risks and benefits of more advanced Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's products, services, and accounts
- How to develop a more sophisticated business plan that meets the needs of a growing practice
- Advanced client acquisition skills necessary to attract more sophisticated high net worth investors
- How to develop financial plans
- Attend second National Performance Training Session
Phase 3: Refining Your Skills
Client Acquisition & Relationship Management
You will focus on:
- Managing and expanding client relationships; gathering referrals; and targeting specific niches
- Discussing the features, risks and benefits of advanced products, such as lending solutions
- Conducting financial seminars
- Continue to meet with your Manager for monthly status updates and mentoring
- Financial Planning Specialist (FPS): By the end of Phase 3, you will complete the FPS training program through Kaplan, designed to provide you with the fundamentals of wealth accumulation and management for high net worth individuals.
- Advanced Solutions: Product Specialist Calls - each month, you will learn about different products and services through a combination of product specialist Live Meeting calls and online coursework available on your development plan.
- Complete proprietary training of Finance, Wealth Planning/Management Strategies and Investment Products
- Successfully complete the required Series 7 & 66 financial licensures
- Effectively source business prospects and employ client acquisition techniques
- Consult clients on investment strategies based on their financial objectives
- Balance management of referral activities, customer follow-ups and administrative tasks
- Complete continuing finance education, licensing requirements and sales training
The best Financial Advisors are analytical self-starters who can offer specialized advice and help clients meet their wealth management needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Finance or other related field preferred and/or 5 years of professional experience in Sales, Education, Military, Finance, Legal or Accounting or other related business
- Excellent communication, presentation, time-management and organization skills
- Ability to listen to client needs and provide financial solutions
- Strong community presence with an established network of personal and business contacts
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without durational restrictions
- Successful completion of background check and pre-employment assessments
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is one of the most respected and frequently honored firms in the industry.
EMPLOYEE NETWORKING GROUPS
We are committed to excellence through collaboration, and we believe people with similar goals and interests working together makes our company stronger.
Find out what the press is saying about Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
Follow us on: