Morgan Stanley's legal team in Tokyo received top awards in five categories from Asia Legal Business in the publication's annual celebration of outstanding performance by solicitors, law firms or in-house legal teams.
Each year, Asia Legal Business considers the size, complexity, breadth and innovation of legal work conducted by teams across the Asian region. The Firm was recognized in the following categories:
- Philip Quirk was named the Japan In-House Counsel Lawyer of the Year
- The Firm's Japan legal team was named the Japan In-House Team of the Year
- The Firm's Japan IBD legal coverage team was named Japan In-House International Investment Banking Team of the Year
- The Firm-involved deal received the Equity Market Deal of the Year: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group's global offering
- The Firm-involved deal received the Japan Deal of the Year: Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group's global offering
The awards were announced at a reception held at the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo last month.